Thursday 12 February 2009

Snowdrops but no snow

When I see these little white maidens, I always think that Spring is on it's way, listening to the radio there seems a bit of snow about, but Keswick has non, we seem to be sheltered by the mountains and warmed by the Lake. I've been getting ready for my 1st course which is this weekend, it's a beginners watercolour, so I've got a few step by step Lakeland scenes to demonstrate and also a quaint corner subject with lots of techniques to try out. It's based inside at the hall in Portinscale, and a new venture for 2009 I've never done any weekends before but it's proved really popular, when I thought about this workshops what I wanted to do was an intensive watercolour therapy looking at students work who may have got in a rut and just need a gentle push in the right direction, there is sooooooooo much to learn in this medium that you never get bored.

No comments: