Monday 6 April 2009

Leisure Painter

This is the painting I've done for this months 'Leisure Painter magazine', it's a pastel of Derwentwater with Blencathra in the background. I am very pleased to have been asked to write articles for this smashing magazine, I have an Acrylic article to do later on in the Summer which should keep me busy. It's the last evening class tonight and we are painting a spring Bluebell wood. I've also entered into the Grasmere exhibition which is one over Easter, sorry it's a short post today.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Your painting is stunning. I almost feel as if I were there!

Trevor Lingard said...

Hello Jane
Thank you for calling at my blog has I can now follow your work with a great deal of interest.
It is nice to communicate with an artist that is near to home.
Your work is very refreshing and being a watercolourist we have much in common.
Kind Regards

Lakeland art said...

Thank you for your lovely comments,I'm fairly new to the 'blog world' it is amazing seeing all these wonderful artists work and works in progress.

Teresa said...

This is beautiful! I see you work as well in pastels as you do in watercolor. Congrats on the article....wish that magazine were available in our local bookstores - I've seen it mentioned before and it looks excellent.