Tuesday 3 November 2009

Wastwater Demonstration


Can't believe it's nearly a week since my last blog! What have I been up to? I did go over to Yorkshire to my cousins wedding on Halloween, the weather was fantastic thank goodness especially with it been in a marque near to the top of Brimham Rocks. It was quite a different affair, the tables named after Ghoulish things, chocolate mice with jelly tails served with the sweets and puddings,a photo booth with fancy dress for different guest photo's and a table full of old fashioned sweets which went down well with the kids from the 70's and 80's. So back to work, I've my Wednesday monthly class tomorrow and they asked to paint snow!! It was fun getting some of my winter sketches and images out even more so sitting in front of a warm wood burner.I used a limited palette of Ultramarine, Winsor blue, Permanent Rose of course and a touch of Burnt Sienna.

This painting of Wastwater is featured in my six projects for Improvers in Watercolour see
http://www.watercolourcourse.co.uk/ for more details or to enrol, you will be amazed how easy it is to paint stunning snowscenes.

No comments: