Wednesday 18 November 2009

Weather warning for Cumbria


Just about finished Ennerdale from Gable, I've painted it on Fisher 400 paper, it's been lovely to work with.


Finished Winter light Skiddaw in Watercolours, I was pleased with how this came on, it was one of those paintings that seemed to just work how I wanted it to.
So I just about finished the paintings I was talking about yesterday, without starting on another! I just moved the imperial piece of paper from one side of the studio to the other, giving it a little gentle stroke and wondering what it could be; or not be!
We've had a weather warning today, the met office very rarely goes to red, but today it was on Red.

Cumbria weather warning for Thursday and Friday Rain will become very heavy and persistent early on Thursday and continue until Friday morning. Rainfall accumulations of 50-100mm are expected quite widely, with up to 250mm possible locally over high ground. With this amount of rain falling onto saturated ground there is a high risk of localised flooding. The rain will be accompanied by severe gale force winds. From the met office.

No comments: