Thursday 10 December 2009

Winter morning, Keswick

On days like today there is no better more inspiring place to be than wonderful Keswick. I couldn't resist a detour to the lake, with the sun shinning in my eyes and warm on my face it made me realise how little sunlight we have had lately. Walking along the edge of Crowe park, three people were watching a farmer and his sheepdogs bring in this years Herdwicks. Looking across to Newlands Valley with the mist rising,  sun lighting the cold water of the lake wow  ee; no wonder Artists having been coming here for centuries. Reaching the lake shore the engine's were running on the launch getting ready for the 'Santa cruise' this weekend.


I think this goose knows it's not for the Christmas table this year.


I'm not a big fan of seagulls, but thought this made a quirky shot.It was a joy to be on the foreshore knowing that two weeks ago it was totally underwater.

Walking back into town you pass under a subway, this is the graffiti we have!


No comments: