Monday 6 December 2010

The Frozen Lakes


Drove down to Ambleside today, it's the furthest we've been in the last week. Left Keswick at a barmy 0 degrees down to -4 in Grasmere and Ambleside and it was - 12 last night in Keswick! This is one of my painting locations on a Grasmere course, no painting today due to frozen Lakes at Rydal Water and Grasmere.

It looked fantastic, but very very cold.

Towards Helvellyn from Thirlmere

Back to Keswick and down to frozen Derwentwater, en route to the post office to send  a couple of Calendars to sunnier and warmer climes in Australia! I've only 12 Calendars left if anyone would like one, just email me at lakelandart@hotmail.co.uk
More snow forecast tonight.

1 comment:

our shabby cottage said...

Wow, Jane, I can remember how cold it gets! It always amazes me how such a huge body of water can freeze over so quickly.