Wednesday 2 November 2011

A wash of Watercolour

Calm Waters Derwentwater painted in Watercolours

It's all go here in Lakeland Studio, with my exhibition looming on Sunday, we have paintings dotted all round the house, I'm really looking forward to seeing it hanging at Moot Hall in Keswick. With Italian scenes amongst Lakeland fells and Scottish dramatic peaks painted in watercolours, pastels and some of my new pochade paintings. If you are passing come in and say hello.

I painted Calm Waters with a very limited palette of 3 colours and with no pencil sketching, just straight in with a wash of colour, I used a 'pentel aqua brush, I find these brushes that come in a pack of three sizes are excellent for tonal paintings, and for quick outdoor colour washes.


1 comment:

Elvi said...

Molto bello. Mi piace l'uso del blu e del quasi monocolore. Elvi