Sunday 29 January 2012

Walking in the snow at long last

I want to share this photo, I was delighted with it. The cold mist was floating amongst the trees, and then a hint of sunshine caught it. I just needed the Deer that I saw later on! Going in search of snow yesterday found us walking up 'Dodd' not the biggest fell around but amazing views. Pennines on one side to the hills of Scotland on the other Clear skies and no wind a perfect place for a sandwich and hot Chocolate on the summit to admire the Northern fells. The met office is forecasting cold but sunny weather for Cumbria, fingers crossed for some outdoor painting/sketching.

Towards the Helvellyn range from Dodd, I wonder if Ken's been up here!


Walking in the first snow of 2012

2 comments:

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Looks like you had a great day! Sharon

Kay said...

beautiful!!!! Our first snow came last week and only stayed in the mountains.