Tuesday 29 May 2012

Morning light, Derwentwater

Stage One
 Morning Light Derwentwater painted Oil on Board
 Size 24 x 24 inches 
I used a limited palette Winsor Blue, Yellow and Red ,Permanent Rose, and Unbleached Titanium Dioxide.
I enjoyed laying a primary undercoat under the trees and along the shore where I also tried to achieve some texture. With this lovely warm weather we are having in the Lakes the paint dried really well overnight.


Stage Two

So today, I started to lighten up the view and bring out the sunshine, I'm not finished yet, but thought I would share where I'm up to. I found the painting quite a challenge especially the trees, which still need a little more work. I tried 'tonking'  placing paper on top of wet paint to to remove overworked areas. This helped.! Then we I overworked again, I tried softening with a clean brush, again this worked well. I think painting in the warm sunshine stopped the painting getting to wet.
 Tomorrow I'm hoping to start to pull it all together.


The Online watercolour course with Jane Ward

2 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

Amazing Jane, I don't know how you do it, but the water gets me everytime - I feel like I could put my hand in it. You have a real gift.

Lakeland art said...

Hi Kathryn, Many thanks for your kind comments they mean such a lot and do help to keep me on a positive note.