Thursday 18 October 2012

An Autumn stream

Here is a tiny watercolour demonstration, I was inspired to paint this after seeing this magical scene when painting in Samoens. I managed a few photo's and a quick sketch and thought it would make an enjoyable studio painting session. 
I'm having a change of paper at the moment Saunders Waterford 140lbs not
Just a few juicy shades of Daniel Smith watercolours included Quinacridone Rose and Ultramarine, Daler Rowney Transparent Yellow and Burnt Sienna

I used some masking fluid, which I know some people like, or hate! I found it useful for keeping some unpainted areas and used an old sponge and colour shaper to apply.

While it was raining most of the day, occasionally an arch of colour would appear.

Autumn Stream painted in watercolours by Jane Ward
Size 12.5 x 12.5 inches 
Price framed and mounted £250.00
for more details about purchasing this original painting  email lakelandart@hotmail.co.uk

or if you fancy having a go at watercolour painting
and not sure where to begin

No comments: