Monday 18 November 2013

Winter Afternoon, Derwentwater Original watercolour Painting


Winter afternoon, Derwentwater

Painted in Watercolours 
 

With the mention of bad weather approaching, unlike most people I do get excited about the prospect of snow and ice. I know it's not ideal to drive in, but it sure looks pretty!!
I painted this scene on Derwentwater after walking down to the Lake, I sat on a very cold rock, quickly got my sketchbook out and did some rapid sketches. I then returned to a warm studio with ideas still fresh and started to paint. The next day I returned to my cold rock, armed with a warm coffee and watched the ducks playing and fighting amongst themselves, the lake was starting to freeze around the edges. The mist kept opening to reveal the snowy mountain tops. Another quick sketch to capture the ducks at play and back to the warmth of the studio to finish this original watercolour.

If you would like more information about this painting please email me at lakelandart@hotmail.co.uk
 
 
Fancy painting in watercolours and not sure where to begin? Let me show you how easy it is.
It's wonderful to do, you start and see the world through more colourful eyes!



2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

This is such a beautiful landscape, Jane. I admire you for being out there, sitting on a cold rock, sketching!!
Kathryn

Lakeland art said...

Thank you Kathryn, it was a little chilly but a good excuse for Hot Chocolate